Saturday 28 March 2009

I think by writing the blog we are opening our minds and recapping on what we know and by doing this, we reinstate the key factors of that topic. personally for me, i prefer to write essays and evaluations. i dont really know why, i just dont really feel comfortable yapping away about things in this manner, i prefer to be more formal when it comes to education. but saying that after reading about how a reflective person is more likely to be creative and as a result more successful, i realized that i really need to do this more, especially after my recent creative block which i think i am still suffering from :/

im not really sure what i want to do after uni to be honest. in a perfect world i would go straight from uni to work in a well respected game company and work my way up from there but nowadays its not that simple especially with the state the economy is in. i think i will be glad to get through it and go from there, i just want to get my degree, show it to my dad and say "HA told you i could do it" haha. i suppose i will probably end up working in Tesco or something for a year or two and use that time to develop a portfolio of work that is of a reasonable standard and then go to as many interviews as possible and get as much relevant experience as possible. its all good on paper but how it will turn out is another story. i might not even get through uni successfully and i think that thought scares me the most. it should inspire me to do more work but it kind of has the opposite effect and i just get more scared and then do less work and so on. these past few weeks i have just been thinking to myself that even if i dont pass, its not the end of the world although my dad probably would end up killing me haha there you go Michael you now have a legal obligation to pass me *JOKES*. i still remember that talk at the beginning of the year. I think mike said the word FAIL at least 30 times in the space of 20 minutes. i have been getting better and the past few weeks, with that who cares type of thinking, i actually got a fair bit done so i just need to keep it that way.

No comments: